On another note, I have a favour to ask of any of you who have followed Finley’s story and would like an opportunity to help make his first birthday special. Please take a moment to remember him on his birthday (Saturday, March 23rd). Some ways that I’ve thought of for people to do even something small are:
- release a balloon (you could include his name or a letter to him)
- light a candle
- make a donation to his Just Giving page or another babyloss or children’s charity in his name
- write his name – in the sand, snow, with blocks, with a pen and paper, or any other creative way that you can think of
- write him a birthday card
- send off a sky lantern
- or any other way that you can think of
I have been contemplating a lot about how we would be celebrating Finley’s birthday if he were here. It would definitely have been a fun celebration with lots of family and friends, messy cake eating and decorations.
Thank you to everyone who is thinking of our family through this time. It’s strange to think that on this day last year, it was the last day where I was pregnant but not in labour. These memories and feelings are definitely bittersweet, but it is made so much better with the support of you all.